Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Monday 6 December 2010

TBR Pile (3)

Happy Monday Guys :) I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I finished Catching Fire yesterday. IT WAS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I can't get over how amazing it was. I've written the review (handwritten in pencil, cause I'm cool like that. Had a free at school and maths wasn't working out for me) I will try and get it up later today or tomorrow. I shall now share with you some book that are in my TBR pile :)


Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John


I love the cover. It is really modern, and edgy and it just appeals to me. So does the story. A deaf girl has taken on the challenge of getting the rock band Dumb a gig. If she succeeds she gets to manage the band and get a share of the profits. It sounds so interesting and as I love music , I love the idea of incorporating music and books in one. I can't think of anything better.





Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales


It is a novel set in High School, dealing with the challenges teenagers have to face. Violet is very focused, and wants to focus on her studies and extra curricular activities and trying to talk to boys. It also faces the issues of friendship, when friends choose different parts. I'll be interesting to see if it will bring anything new to the table.




Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles #1) by Lara Morgan


I love the artwork on the cover. Very modern again. I love it. It's a dystopian novel, set 500 years into the future. Rosie is a girl in the poorer division, and finds a box. A box that is very important to a secret organisation, and they will kill to get it. She goes on the run with two strangers and have to put her trust in them. Sounds very interesting.


So that is what I've got to show you today. Hope you enjoyed and I would love to hear any of your recommendations :)

5 comments:

  1. I have all three of these on my TBR, too! haha I swear my pile keeps growing and growing! I'm never going to beat it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. It is like it is alive, at the rate it is growing. At least I never have to worry about running out of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Five Flavors of Dumb, too. I'm on the fence about the second book, so I'm looking forward to reading your review on it.

    My TBR is completely out of control. I need to live for a really long time, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm not too sure about Mostly Good Girls. It seems like a very typical high school novel but I may give it a go to see if it is any good. I've heard good things about it.

    I agree. It is a good excuse to live forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Five Flavors of Dumb is on my TBR list as well. So many books to read and so little time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...