Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Top Ten Bookish Websites/Organizations/Apps, etc. 


1. Goodreads - this is something I use everyday to log the books I've read and to stalk follow people to find new books I want to read.


2. The Book Depository - the perfect place to find books in pretty much all formats with free worldwide shipping. I use it for hardbacks mainly!


3. NetGalley - It is just fabulous. I can get arcs for my kindle and read them before release date! How awesome


4. S&S GalleyGrab - pretty much the same as NetGalley. Fabulous for arcs!


5. Audible - I haven't used it much but it looks like an amazing source for audiobooks. I think I need a yearly subscription!


6. Txtr - This enables me to put my S&S galleys onto my iPad! I don't know where I'd be without it.


7. readitswapit - a great book swapping site in the UK. It is simple and easy and just fab!


8. YA Lit - A great source for upcoming YA releases!


9. Kindle app - I can read all my kindle books on my lovely, pretty iPad. Score.


10. Bluefire app - I can put netgalley titles on my iPad. As you can tell I love reading on my iPad.


So that is is for me. What are your favourite bookish sites/apps?



12 comments:

  1. http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-tuesday-book-sites.html
    Some Good Ones here , Im a Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's meme has made my day! I am finding many great book related links. Thanks!

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to #'s 1-4!! Great list, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love goodreads. I am on that site everyday. I just came across netgalley and S&S and so far I love netgalley and have received a few arc's to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several of these on my list as well, but I'm probably the most addicted to Goodreads. I can waste hours over there without realizing it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YA Lit! Wowie-Zowie! How did I not know about this resource. Thanks! I am adding it to my list (with a nod to you!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely forgot to put Audible on my list! I don't buy audio books very often, but when I do, I make sure it's an Audible. They do such a great job of finding the perfect narrators.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm learning so much. I've been desperate to read my NetGalley books on my iPhone. *Downloads Bluefire*

    THANKS!

    My First Ever Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all awesome. Goodreads recently became one of my favourite sites for stalking other bloggers and their books. Netgalley and the Simon& Schuster Galley Grab are fantastic, I am so glad they are offering so many cool books for free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This may seem like a silly question but what are "arcs"?

    Goodreads - I love this website as it keeps tabs on the books that I have read and those that I want to read. I was looking for an app to purchase to do just what Goodreads does. The only thing I need now is one of those apps that I can scan the books barcode to keep a spreadsheet for the books I own.

    BookDepository - I love this place! It's so cheap especially their new release pre-order offers. I've been buying a lot of hardbacks as of late as it's so cheap when you pre-order; most of the time it's the same price as the paperbacks when they are first released. I also love the free International shipping, making it easy and cost effective if you want to just purchase one or only a few books.

    BD has recently been bought by Amazon so I hope that nothing changes especially their excellent prices and the free International shipping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...