Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {9}


 Title: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Author: Jesse Andrews
Series: Standalone
Pages: 288
Publisher: Abrams
Release Date: March 1st 2012



Up until senior year, Greg has maintained total social invisibility. He only has one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time—when not playing video games and avoiding Earl’s terrifying brothers— making movies, their own versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics. Greg would be the first one to tell you his movies are f*@$ing terrible, but he and Earl don’t make them for other people. Until Rachel.


Rachel has leukemia, and Greg’s mom gets the genius idea that Greg should befriend her. Against his better judgment and despite his extreme awkwardness, he does. When Rachel decides to stop treatment, Greg and Earl make her a movie, and Greg must abandon invisibility and make a stand. It’s a hilarious, outrageous, and truthful look at death and high school by a prodigiously talented debut author.



This novel looks like a perfect mixture of sadness and humour, of light and dark. The cover is incredible, with the three dimensional feel and the colours. It looks like a book about life, death and growth. I'm expecting some life lessons and a heartbreaking novel with light moments woven in. I'm interested to see if my predictions are correct.

5 comments:

  1. The cover immediately attracted me to this book. Love it! I agree with you... it sounds like it will be an emotional read, which is not a bad thing. I'll have to look for this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't really heard of that book before, but I really need to check it out when it comes out. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked this for my WoW too! I agree, it really does sound like the perfect mixture of light and dark with a bit of self growth tossed in. Great pick Alice! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped here, because the cover is so cute! Sounds like a heavy but interesting read. First I've seen of it. Good pick!
    My Pick:
    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this either! It looks great - the cover is gorgeous! :D It's on netGalley, by the way :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...