Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Thursday 16 February 2012

Review: The Other Life



Title: The Other Life
Author: Susanne Winnacker
Series: The Other Life #1
Pages: 320
Publisher: Ubsorne
Release Date: Feburary 1st 2012 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 stars
100 Book challenge: #11


Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation...and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers. 

When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers. 

But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?


I wasn't too sure what to expect when I started reading The Other Life. I didn't know too much about the plot so I didn't have too many hopes in my mind before I started. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed The Other Life which was full of danger, threats and survival.


Winnacker did a wonderful job building up the world and the weepers. The descriptions of the weepers were so horrifying yet so lifelike that I found it hard to read at times.

The character of Sherry was kind and likable but most of all I found her to be strong and a little unique. I loved how she would count how long it had been since she last had/did something. This really emphasised how long she and her family had been living in their bunker, this one room without setting a foot outdoors. The hunt to find food is bitter sweet. They are finally able to leave their bunker and see real sunlight but at the same time there is a huge threat to their safety.

I flew through The Other Life, utterly absorbed into the world Winnacker presented. There were so many secrets and discoveries to be made that I couldn't put it down. If you love post apocalyptic and dystopian novels then you should pick up The Other Life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to read this book soon, it sounds pretty good! And much more like my kind of dystopian than some other things.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...