Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Review: A Million Suns




Title: A Million Suns
Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #2
Pages: 386
Publisher: Puffin
Release Date: April 5th 2012 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 stars
100 Book challenge: #25


Trapped on board the spaceship Godspeed, Amy trusts no-one. 

The ship's ruler is dead and a rebellion threatens. Amy wants to help Elder as he tries to take charge, but she's torn between her feelings for him and the chaos that's pulling everything apart. As more harrowing discoveries are made about Godspeed, Amy is caught in a desperate race to unravel its secrets. Only one thing is certain. 

They have to get off this ship. 

The heart-stopping sequel to Across the Universe: a story of love, murder and madness - set in space.


There will be some spoilers of Across the Universe so be aware!

I absolutely adored Across the Universe and I was so impatiently desperate for A Million Suns. A Million Suns is action packed and full of SO MUCH DRAMA. If I lived on Godspeed I'd sleep with one eye open after all the happenings going on here!

Both Elder and Amy face some huge struggles in this book. Elder is trying to find a way to control the ship in a way that he sees fit but the course of ruling does run smooth. Amy still has to deal with the fact that she may never see her parents again and that her differences from people on the ship make her an easy target. I felt like they both grew in this book and learnt more about themselves.

Revis sure knows how to throw him some HUGE (and I mean HUGE) OMG moments. And they weren't all saved for the end, no! There were some very early on which pleased me. I don't like everything to be at the end. The book was a big mystery.

Now I didn't feel it was as good as A Million Suns BUT I read this in a reading slump and I was feeling all BLAH so please don't just take my word for it. Many people gave it five stars and I did really enjoy it so just remember that. Please read it and tell me what you thought. I would love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I loved A Million Suns, and I'm glad you did, too! When I was reading it, I was in a reading slump too, but all those surprises kept me turning pages! Great review! Check out my review!

    ~Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...