Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Review: Insurgent


    Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent #2
Pages: 525
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: May 1st 2012 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 5 stars
100 Book challenge: #41



War looms in sixteen-year-old Tris’s dark dystopian world as disputes between the factions grow. Tris must now fight against all odds to discover the truth that can save her and the people she loves. Sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge – and the choices she makes will have devastating and unexpected consequences.



Divergent spoilers guys so go read Divergent then come back :)


I have been PINING for Insurgent since I finished Divergent last year and I have been doing so incredibly impatiently. Divergent is by far the best book I read last year and I'm pretty sure it is one of the best books I have ever read. Insurgent most definitely did not disappoint.

Insurgent starts where Divergent finishes off and you are thrown right into the midst of the drama. Insurgent is filled with secrets: some discovered, some created. A lot is learnt about the factions, especially Candor and Amity. It was something that I really hoped Roth would explore so I was really pleased.

You guys, THERE IS NO LOVE TRIANGLE!!!!!!! I am so insanely happy. It would have ruined everything. Things are not easy for Tris and Four though. They are like a normal couple, with normal issues, except there is a war raging on between factions. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THEM.

We also saw a new side to Tris. Divergent presented her as this badass girl who can kick butt like no other but Insurgent shows her vulnerability and that she can be fragile like everyone else. You know why? Because she is human. She is not perfect, she makes mistakes, but this is why I love her so much.

Lots of unexpected happenings went down. I'm serious. I was like WHAT? so many times that I can't count. Veronica Roth sure knows how to surprise us. And that ending??? Where is the next book? Let it be here soon. I need it now.

As you can see I have so much love for Insurgent. SO MUCH LOVE. I will admit that Divergent just pipped it to the post for me but it is was still damn close to perfection. Veronica Roth has a writing style that I read for days, it is so effortless. Just buy it and read it and love it because I know you will!

8 comments:

  1. Hi fellow Team Abnegation member. It seems like we are picking out the same bits to mention, trying hard not to spoil it for others, but at the same time saying WOW. I'm looking forward to reading Divergent and Insurgent back to back now because I didn't get chance to re-read Divergent first and I think I needed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well DAMMIT I need this book! Great review and I think I may just have to go to the store and buy Insurgent when it comes out now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR NO LOVE TRIANGLE! I do admit I was a little afraid that there might be one, but there ISN'T, and it made me love Veronica Roth just that little bit more ;) And I agree, SO. MUCH. LOVE! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have SO MUCH LOVE too! Agree about Tris and the no love triangle...it was just THE PERFECT sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for no love triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Another great review from Team Abnegation! I thought this book was awesome too and I love the no love triangle thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This over is so beautiful, I'd buy the book for that alone! I'm not reading the review just yet because of the spoilers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...