Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Saturday 5 May 2012

Review: Under the Never Sky


   Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #1
Pages: 375
Publisher: Atom
Release Date: Released (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 stars
100 Book challenge: #32


WORLDS KEPT THEM APART. 

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER. 

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim. 

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive. 

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers


I'd heard some really mixed things about Under The Never Sky before I picked it up. I think it really helped me to adjust my expectations so I ended up really enjoying this book. I am very glad to have picked it up!

The pacing at the beginning was too slow for me. The first 150 pages dragged and due to some bad reviews I considered DNFing it. I am SO thankful I didn't though because it got SO MUCH BETTER! The second half of the book was 5 star worthy. I wanted more more more! I could not put it down.

The characters Rossi created were fabulous, both the protagonists and the secondary characters. Aria and Perry were wonderful. I loved their relationship their banter. Perry's best friend was also a favourite of mine. They were well developed and all had little sub-plots which I loved.

The romance needs an honourable mention. No insta-love nor any of that let's only kiss on the last page business. A gorgeous slow burn. One of my favourite aspects of the book by far. Incredibly done!

I cannot decide whether it is more fantasy or dystopian. There was a lot to grasp in relation to the pods and whatnot but it was a little more fantasy than I expected.

All in all Under the Never Sky is a great read. The first half was about a 3 and the second half was 5 stars so I hope the series continues in the same vain as the last half. Highly recommended!

4 comments:

  1. I have also heard good things about this book, and also bad things. I bought this book on my Kindle and it's just been sitting there. In the midths of all my books. And I'm just like: Heh, so you're going to just sit there. Okay. I don't know.

    But great review.I shall move this book up on my TBR List.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's good that you eventually got into the book. I still haven't read this but I really want to. And hooray for no insta-love! Love the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, I love this book! Like seriously heart it. I didn't much care about the slow pacing the beginning because I was too in wonder over this world Rossi had created. But you're so right about that second half! It's all actiony and full of powers and STUFF. I just loved the heck out of this one. You totally nailed that bit about the relationship between Perry and Aria. <3 them BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds exactly like something I would love! I can't get enough of the dystopian craze and although I'm not in the mood at the moment, I will read this at some point in the near future. Great review! :)

    Marlene Detierro (Cash Advance Company)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...