Welcome everyone :) Things may be a little slow at the moment as I am in my last few months of school so I am swamped with work and exams but if you had time to leave a comment it would make my day!

Thursday 14 June 2012

Review: Slated


    Slated (Slated, #1)

    
Title: Slated
Author: Teri Terry
Series: Slated #1
Pages: 448
Publisher: Orchard Books
Release Date: May 3rd 2012 (UK)
Source: For Review
Rating: 4 Stars
100 Book challenge: #42


Kyla’s memory has been erased,

her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?



I really really enjoyed 'Slated', a lot more than I thought I would. When I first started I didn't realise it was set in England which is an added bonus for me! I got swept away in the story and I got so attached to the story and wanted to uncover all the secrets!


Kyla was a really sweet protagonist and I could really feel her pain. She has so much love in her heart and so much compassion. I loved how freely she cared for others and found it hard to contain her emotions. She is definitely someone I would like to be friends with.

There is a little romance in 'Slated' but it is not a key feature of the story. There is a lot more going on with Kyla trying to figure out what she did to deserve having her memory erased  and why there seems to be so many secrets.

'Slated' leaves a lot more to be discovered later on in the series though there a few things discovered. It definitely is setting up for a lot more to come later on.

I must say that I cannot wait for book two! What a wonderful refreshing read! Highly recommended. 

2 comments:

  1. I really, really enjoyed Slated too and I agree with pretty much everything you've said. It's one of our favourite dystopian teen reads this year. And everyone seems to like that it's set in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one but I'm having a hard time trying to find a copy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...